Part-time (RN) Registered Nurse w/ Emergency Room Experience
We understand the physical and emotional challenges of being a medical provider. We know what the looming fear of making a mistake or medical error due to long hours, fatigue and burnout. At Crucial Care, we also understand the reward. When you went into nursing as a profession, it was because you chose it as a career path or it was your calling. Either way, letting the emotionally charged encounters you face daily go when you leave at the end of the day is easier said than done.
If you are empathetic and connect emotionally with your patients, but have been frustrated by the level of stress you endure or the inability to give patients the care they need because of your workload and the long hours you work, Crucial Care is your solution. We encourage our nurses to spend time building relationships with patients and helping ensure that care is coordinated after their visit.
We don't treat our patients like a commodity. If you feel this way too, then Crucial Care should could be your future.
- No overnight shifts
- Closed Christmas and Thanksgiving
Work as part of a team with physicians, other nurses and healthcare professionals to provide care, monitor health conditions, plan care needs, administer medicine, use medical equipment, perform minor medical operations, and advise patients and their families on illness, care and continued care. This facility is often the first line of defense for accidents, allergic reactions, and any number of emergency medical care needs. Nurses work to quickly assess the needs of each patient, prioritize care based on its critical nature, and work to stabilize a patient, treat the problem, discharge the patient after the emergency is over or make arrangements for a longer hospital stay.
Registered Nurses will be required to function as an intricate part of a high quality, efficiency driven medical team. Duties will be similar as those required in the Emergency Department. Emphasis is placed on creating positive patient experiences.
- Delivery of patient care to a variety of patients (fast track, med surg to critical care).
- Administration of a variety or medications to include critical care drips (i.e. Dopamine, nitro, Amiodarone, etc.)
- Appropriate delegation of patient care tasks to Patient Care Coordinators in order to optimize efficiency in patient care.
- Proficient in splinting, angiocath insertion, foley catheters, NG tubes, procedural set up (i.e. I&D, suturing, Lumbar punctures, Chest tube), conscious sedation.
- Sympathetic to a patient's needs, and be able to deal with people in various states of pain, trauma and tragedy.
- Will face multiple patients, with differing needs, stages of health and risks. Being organized and knowing how to prioritize will be crucial.
- Active RN License
- 3 years experience in Emergency Room (ER); ICU; Critical Care experience
- Dayshift hours with shortened hours on weekends and holidays (closed Christmas and Thanksgiving)
- Ancillary staff to assist with tasks not specific to license (nourishment, comfort measures)
- Positive, family like atmosphere
- Growth potential to leadership positions or other markets
- Skill challenging position that will promote the use of critical thinking
- Free snacks and beverages on shift