Medical Receptionist - Full-time - ER/Urgent Care
GuideWell / Crucial Care is hiring a Medical Ambassador for a part-time position in the Winter Park high acuity urgent care facility. We are also hiring a full-time Medical Ambassador in the Ocoee facility.
- 1 Part-time: Winter Park, FL - 2 weekdays and every other weekend
- 2 Full-time: Ocoee, FL - 3 weekdays and every other weekend
The Front Desk Receptionist / Medical Ambassador plays a key role in the success of our company. They are the first person the patients sees when they enter the clinic. You will be responsible for greeting the patient and quickly checking them in for medical attention. You will help the patient feel comfortable and attend to their needs. You will be a team player, helping to create a culture of collaboration, cooperation and passion to help our patients. You will learn and adhere to all the clinic protocols, procedures and safety policies while identifying new ways to improve patient care and facility operations.
- Communicate in a compassionate and empathetic manner with patients
- Greet patients, assess their needs and check them in quickly
- Enter information into the systems and create a medical chart for patient
- Attend to patient and their needs every 30 minutes while in the clinic
- Liaison with outside medical facilities and specialist for the medical teams requested needs to care for the patient, such as obtaining old medical records and reaching out to other physicians by telephone
- Set up patient admissions to the hospital while also arranging medical transport
- Completion of daily tasks and checklist in a timely manner
- Answering telephone calls
- Call previous patients (callbacks) to access the patient experience while in clinic
- Assist the team in the maintenance care of the clinic
- Learn and adhere to all protocols in the clinic for both patient care and facility operations
- Learn and master all computer systems in the facility
- 4 years of customer service or receptionist experience
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Knowledge of medical filing systems (preferred)
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Ability to work the expected schedule below
Part-time: Fridays and 1 other weekday, plus every other weekend.
Full-time: 3 weekdays and every other weekend.
Shift hours are:
Weekday shift: 8:30AM to 7pm or CLOSE
Weekend shift: 8:30AM to 4pm or CLOSE