Medical Lab Technologist - Generalist - PRN
Our unique medical facility is staffed by emergency medicine physicians and has the clinical capabilities to handle both major medical issues – such as heart attacks, strokes and internal injuries – as well as minor issues, like respiratory illnesses, ear and eye infections and sports injuries for adults and children. With onsite ultrasound, CT scan, IV fluids, digital x-ray and diagnostic labs, we provide comprehensive diagnostics, blood work and imaging, all under one roof.
- No overnight shifts
- No 911 calls
- Spend more time with patients and build relationships
- 10 hour weekday shifts and 7 hour weekend shifts
- Closed Christmas and Thanksgiving
- Free snacks and beverages on shift
Learn more about our Emergency Medicine Clinics HERE
The complexity of the laboratory requires someone that is detail-oriented, has a strong work ethic, and enjoys problem solving. We consider every role to be important, challenging, and rewarding. We believe in “taking care of our people”, and in doing that, we support them and expect them to deliver a strong work ethic, good results, and an interest in continually growing as an individual.
1) Three or more years’ experience working in a clinical laboratory training program OR 90 semester credit hours college credit with a clinical laboratory training program.
2) Must hold:
Bachelor’s degree in:
- Clinical Laboratory
- Chemical OR
- Biological Science
3) Must hold an active Florida Medical Technologist license.
4) Must hold one of the below certifications: MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP), MT (AMT), MT (AAB), NRCC examinations OR a specialist examination in a single discipline
5) Performs to the standards set forth in Florida Rule 64B3-13.003
6) Great communication skills (including the ability to proficiently read, write and speak English)
7) Ability to build relationships with patients and employees and help support a culture of passion and enthusiasm
8) Must be successfully credentialed within each facility through the routine privilege and credential process.
9) Open to learning addition clinical related skills (phlebotomy, B/P, triage, discharge, wound care, etc.)
- Able to perform the duties expected for an active management role (such as standing, walking, teaching, public speaking, clinical equipment demonstrations, etc).
- Able to stand and work up to a 12 hour “shift” in the facility.
- Ability to perform those duties of an MT (perform analyzer maintenance, perform specimen testing)
- Ability to travel between local facilities (50 mile radius) in order to cover shifts (i.e. sick and vacation time).
- Can clearly read, write, and speak English.