Medical Receptionist - Full time w/ benefits - Urgent Care
Crucial Care is hiring a Medical Receptionist / Ambassador for our high acuity urgent care clinic. This is a full-time opportunity, day shift only. We require that you can work full shifts on three weekdays and every other weekend.
This person plays a key role in the success of our company. You will be the first point of contact and greeting our walk-in patients. You will help the patient feel comfortable and attend to their needs. We need a team player and someone to help to create a culture of collaboration, cooperation and passion to help our patients. You will learn and adhere to all the clinic protocols, procedures and safety policies while identifying new ways to improve patient care and facility operations.
- Communicate in a compassionate and empathetic manner with patients
- Greet patients, assess their needs and check them in quickly
- Enter information into the systems and create a medical chart for patient
- Attend to patient and their needs (ambassador) every 30 minutes while in the clinic
- Liaison with outside medical facilities and specialist for the medical team’s requested needs to care for the patient, such as obtaining old medical records and reaching out to other physicians by telephone
- Set up patient admissions to the hospital while also arranging medical transport
- Completion of daily tasks and checklist in a timely manner
- Answering telephone calls
- Call previous patients (callbacks) to access the patient experience while in clinic
- Assist the team in the maintenance care of the clinic
- Learn and adhere to all protocols in the clinic for both patient care and facility operations
- Learn and master all computer systems in the facility
- Knowledge of medical filing systems (preferred)
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- 4+ years customer service experience
- Must have worked in a medical office / practice environment
- High volume or unscheduled appointment medical environment experience a big plus
- Must be able to work the following hours (sorry but no exceptions)
- Weekday shift: 830am-7pm*
- Weekend shift: 830am-4pm*
- *Please note some shifts may last longer due to patients remaining in the clinic. We do not leave until the last patient leaves.
- Healthcare benefits like medical, dental and vision offered, starting ~90 days of employment.
- 10% of your annual base pay towards benefits, which you can use 1 of 3 ways:
- Option 1: Put it towards medical benefits plan
- Option 2: Put it towards a 401(k)
- Option 3: Cash it out
- The 10% is divided into equal payments and paid out bi-weekly on your paycheck starting 60 days of employment
- 6 Visits to the Crucial Care clinic for you, spouse, and kids who live at home. $30 co-pay for any services provided in the clinic.
- Paid time off: Accrued per pay period