Medical Assistant / Paramedic / EMT / (PRN) Day shift
Our client Crucial Care is hiring a Patient Care Coordinator (Paramedic / EMT / Medical Assistant / ER Tech background) for their high acuity urgent care off Baymeadows Rd., Jacksonville, FL. This is a PRN position and we need candidate who can work every other weekend from 9am-4pm with the ability to pick up additional shifts if desired.
The successful candidate will be required to function as an intricate part of a high quality, efficiency driven medical team. Duties will be similar as those required of an emergency room tech in the Emergency Department. Emphasis is placed on creating positive patient experiences. Given the companies intimate setting, highly developed organizational skills and ability to retain new information are a must. Patients array of complaints will be the same as those seen in the Emergency Department to include chest pain, abdominal pain, injuries, fractured bones, etc. Patients will NOT be received via ambulance. Every effort will be made to use resources to decrease hospital utilization (except when appropriate).
We know that being sick is scary – and that is why our Core Value is to provide Peace of Mind for our patients and their family. We take that responsibility seriously by providing the best medicine with an amazing and comforting patient experience.
- Delivery of care to a wide variety of patients (fast track, med/surg and critical)
- Prepare discharge paperwork using Exit Care software.
- Turn over rooms per protocol (based on patient diagnosis)
- Complete daily checklist as it pertains to patient care.
- Complete inventory as assigned.
- Triage of patients when nurse is unavailable.
- Provide patient care as directed by doctor/nurse.
- Manage patient tracking system (white board) when lab personnel is busy.
- Professionally and reasonably delegate to team members (front staff and radiology).
- Assisting team in clinical area with non-lab related tasks.
- High School Diploma
- Paramedic or EMT preferred but not required.
- BLS certified
- Must be able to successfully pass a background and drug test
- Proficiency with Windows based computers and common programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and other common forms of electronic communication.
- Great communication skills (including the ability to proficiently read, write and speak English)
- Ability to build relationships with patients and employees and help support a culture of passion and enthusiasm
- Must be successfully credentialed within each facility through the routine privilege and credential process.
- Must be able to work day shift on Saturdays and Sundays (two weekends a month)