Staff Accountant - Healthcare Company
Our customer Crucial Care is providing something new in Healthcare. Something based on what is best for the patient. Crucial Care operates 4 freestanding Urgent Care / Emergency clinics in Orlando and Jacksonville. The facilities provide patients access to Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians as well as modern technology and equipment, including a CT Scanner, Xray, Ultrasound and and a full blood lab. And because the facilities are hyper-efficient, they offer these advanced services at a cost that is typically up to 60% lower than the cost of a Hospital ER. The patients love the high touch, high quality services they provide. The employees love that they can provide quality care and work in an environment that is collaborative, fun and modern.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to perform the following:
- Ownership of the daily functions of the accounting cycle, including all AP, AR and Cash Management.
- Ownership of the monthly close process, including analysis of and recording of all journal entries, completion of all bank & balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ownership and completion of the monthly financial statements.
- Collaborate on the quarterly and annual budgeting/financing process and analyze the data monthly to determine and explain variances.
- Full understanding of the General Ledger impacts of all journal entries.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Full ownership of all subledgers, including Fixed Assets
- Full understanding of the cash policies and processes of the company and reporting on cash position, as requested.
- Assistance with audits, as needed
- Ownership of all policies and procedures within the department.
- Assist in the vendor management process: putting new vendors through the approval process and updating old vendors, as applicable.
- Follow the information security policies & management system, contributes to their effectiveness, and actively reports on their performance
- Ownership of all accounting records.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Review contracts and evaluate opportunities for increased profitability.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience of full cycle accounting, A/P, A/R and Vendor Management. Internships considered.
- Strong attention to detail and need for accuracy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Working knowledge of Office products, including Excel (formulas and locating data).
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting and understanding of the overall GL systems.
- Salary $40-50K depending on experience
- Healthcare benefits like medical, dental and vision offered, starting ~90 days of employment.
- 10% of your annual base pay towards benefits, which you can use 1 of 3 ways:
- Option 1: Put it towards medical benefits plan
- Option 2: Put it towards a 401(k)
- Option 3: Cash it out
- The 10% is divided into equal payments and paid out bi-weekly on your paycheck starting 60 days of employment
- 6 Visits to the Crucial Care clinic for you, spouse, and kids who live at home. $30 co-pay for any services provided in the clinic.
- Paid time off: Accrued per pay period