EMT Paramedic / Medical Assistant - Day - Part time & Full time
GuideWell Emergency Doctors, in partnership with Crucial Care, has 3 high acuity clinics in Orlando. We are hiring on N. Semoran Blvd. for Patient Care Coordinators. Part-time which will be a set schedule of about 27 hours per week. Two weekdays and every other Sat and Sun. They also need a full-time candidate, who will work three weekdays plus every other weekend (minimum 37 hrs)
The successful candidate will be required to function as an intricate part of a high quality, efficiency driven medical team. Duties will be similar as those required of an Emergency Room Tech in a hospital Emergency Department. Emphasis is placed on creating positive patient experiences. Given the company's intimate setting, highly developed organizational skills and ability to retain new information are a must. Patients array of complaints will be the same as those seen in the Emergency Department to include chest pain, abdominal pain, injuries, fractured bones, etc. Patients will NOT be received via ambulance. Every effort will be made to use resources to decrease hospital utilization (except when appropriate).
We know that being sick is scary – and that is why our Core Value is to provide Peace of Mind for our patients and their family. We take that responsibility seriously by providing the best medicine with an amazing and comforting patient experience.
- Deliver patient care to a variety of patients (fast track, med/surg and critical care)
- Build relationships with patients and employees to help support a culture of passion and enthusiasm
- Triage and discharge of patients.
- Receive instructions regarding patient care tasks from providers and nurses in order to optimize efficiency in patient care
- Handle splinting, wound care and venipuncture
- Assist in procedure set-up (i.e., I&D, suture, vaginal exam, Lumbar puncture, chest tube, etc.)
- EKG/Cardiac monitoring with recognition of basic arrhythmias
- Turn over rooms per protocol (based on patient diagnosis)
- Complete daily checklist as it pertains to patient care
- Complete inventory as assigned
- Manage patient tracking system (white board) when lab personnel are busy
- Professionally and reasonably delegate to team members (front staff and radiology)
- Assist team in clinical area with non-lab related tasks
- High School Diploma
- Paramedic or EMT a plus
- Experience with EKGs, phlebotomy, IVs, vital signs a plus
- CNA's, Medical Assistants, ER Technicians are encouraged to apply
- BLS certified
- Must be able to successfully pass a background and drug test
- Must be able to successfully pass an AHCA background check
- Must have availability every other weekend, Saturday and Sunday from 8am-4pm
- Great communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with patients and employees and help support a culture of passion and enthusiasm
Part-time is about 28+ hours per week, and is a set schedule of two weekdays and every other weekend. You must be able to commit to this schedule to be considered for part-time.
Fulltime offers healthcare benefits, 401k, paid time off, and more benefits.