Nurse Practitioner ARNP (PRN) Urgent Care / Family Practice
Our client, Crucial Care has partnered with Guidewell in operating three high acuity urgent care facilities in Orlando. We are looking for a PRN - Per Diem Mid-Level Provider to float to our three facilities on as-needed basis (Winter Park, N. Semoran Blvd, and Ocoee).
There is an old saying – “If you are healthy you have a million problems, and if you are sick, you have one”.
They know that being sick is scary – and that is why their Core Value is to provide Peace of Mind for their patients and their families. They take that responsibility seriously by providing the best medicine with an amazing and comforting patient experience.
This position speaks to the core of the service provided by a Crucial Care. The complexity of the patients treated at a Crucial Care facility, requires someone that is detail oriented, has a strong work ethic, and enjoys problem solving. We consider every role within Crucial Care to be important, challenging and rewarding. We believe in “taking care of our people”, and in doing that, we support them and expect them to deliver a strong work ethic, good results, and an interest in continually growing as an individual.
For more information about these amazing Emergency Medicine Clinics, click HERE
- Must be able to work independently within a fast-paced environment
- Perform H&P
- Perform Physical Exam
- Make quality medical decisions
- Accurately Interpret diagnostic testing results (lab, imaging, EKG, etc.)
- Generate a quality treatment plan
- Write appropriate prescriptions
- Perform minor procedures (i.e. I&D, noncomplex sutures, pelvic exams, etc.)
- Arrange appropriate follow up within our facility or with a specialist
- Review, interpret and plan care based on results received from outside diagnostic centers (i.e. lab and imaging)
- Must be able to accurately treat patients of ALL ages with mild to moderate medical complaints
- Must provide quality patient care while maintaining a door to provider time of less than 30 minutes
- Function in a manner that supports the meeting of facility specific metrics (door to antibiotic time, TAT for Troponin, Door to EKG time, Etc.)
- Must use Pathfinder technology as a patient referral source
- Utilize critical thinking and in-house protocols to avoid unnecessary admissions
- Communicate positively with all team members
- Know and Practice Organizational Values
- Utilize organizational specific software to reference old patient records and organizational protocols
- Support the Facility Leader (FL) and Medical Director (MD) by being a positive team player
- Participate in morning huddles when on shift
- Completely and accurately submit patient charts within 24 hours of shift
- Perform continuing education activities as required by your licenses governing body
- Participate in facility specific education (i.e. OSHA, HIPAA, Joint Commission, etc.)
- Follow the information security policies and management system, contributing to their effectiveness, and actively reporting on their performance
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a NP or PA in an Emergency Department, urgent care, primary care, family medicine, or unscheduled visit environment is ideal. Prior experience as an RN will be considered as long as you have work experience as a NP/PA.
- Must hold the following:
- Clear and active License for the state in which you will be practicing
- Must hold an active DEA license
- Active PALS and ACLS certification
- Must be successfully credentialed
- Must be able to successfully pass a Level 2 background screen and drug test
- Masters Nurse Practitioner or Masters Physician Assistant
- Must proficiently read, write, and speak English
- Able to perform the duties expected for an active role in a busy medical environment (standing, walking, teaching, public speaking, pulling, pushing, lifting, etc.)
- Able to stand and work up to a 12-hour shift in the facility
- Legibly write English, clearly speak English, and proficiently read English
- Ability to travel between local facilities (50 mile radius) in order to cover shifts.
Competitive hourly pay rate
Day shift only
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
No ambulance traffic or 911 calls